According to CRR 320.090, “The procedure for granting the title of ‘Professor Emeritus/Emerita’ or ‘Associate Professor Emeritus/Emerita’ shall originate with the retiring faculty member’s department.”  Should you wish to seek emeritus status for faculty to be recognized at Commencement, please work with your department promotion and tenure committee and submit a memorandum indicating their recommendation.  For complete details and templates please click on the correct link below.