- Awards & Recognition
- Campus Committees
- Assessing Learning Outcomes
- Chancellor's Professorship Program
- COACHE Survey
- Curators' Distinguished Professor Process
- Department of Higher Education (CBHE)
- Determining Qualified Faculty
- Faculty Hiring
- Faculty Incentive
- Faculty Information
- Faculty Senate
- General Faculty Meetings
- Low Productivity Degree Program Review
- myVITA Information
- Promotion and Tenure
- Workload Guidelines
- Inappropriate Conduct by Faculty Reporting Form
- Governing Policies
- Justification to Fill a Staff Position
- Office Staff and Structure
- Organizational Chart
- UM System
- University Administration
Honorary Degree Nomination
The honorary doctorate degree is the highest form of recognition offered by the University of Missouri to persons of exceptional distinction.
A committee appointed by the Faculty Senate meets each fall to consider individuals who have been nominated to receive an honorary doctorate degree at Missouri S&T. Usually, persons selected to receive an honorary degree are also invited to be commencement speakers, but this is not a limiting factor. CRR 220.030 provides more information.
Please work with your department development officer to develop a list of appropriate candidates to be considered for this honor.
To submit a nomination for an honorary degree, please fill out the nomination form and provide the supporting materials as instructed. When the packet is complete, return it in one PDF to Misty House in the Provost Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 4, 2019 for full consideration.