Curators' Distinguished Professor/Teaching Professor Emeritus/Emerita Process
Due to recently adopted changes to the Board of Curators Meeting Calendar, Curators’ Professor nominations are presented at the February and September meetings only. For this reason, it is imperative that nominations be received in the Provost Office a minimum of nine (9) weeks prior to the Board of Curators meeting. Nominations received less than nine (9) weeks prior to the February or September meetings will be delayed for consideration until the next assigned meeting (i.e., late February nominations will be considered in September, late September nominations will be considered in February). For Spring 2021, the nomination packet must be received by the Provost Office by December 2, 2020.
For Curators’ Distinguished Professor/Teaching Professor Emeritus, additional steps are required as listed below.
1. The department Chair will complete a memorandum that includes all signatures needed.
Curators' Distinguished Professor/Teaching Professor Emeritus/Emerita Approval Memo
2. Complete the Checklist.
- CDP/CDTP Emeritus Nomination Checklist (PDF)
- Curriculum Vita (CV) must be provided to Provost Office
- Required letters are covered by the suggested letter that the Provost sends and asks to be sent and signed
3. Follow the instructions (accessible at the link below) to write an Executive Summary for each nomination.
- Executive Summary Instructions(PDF)
- emeritus faculty member or department MUST prepare this document and send in word format in case Provost or Chancellor’s Office is required to make changes – please note required format
Note: Final confirmation of the appointment will come from the Office of the President.
All these documents need to accompany memo that is signed by department chair, college dean and sent to Provost Office listed as step 1.