- Awards & Recognition
- Campus Committees
- Chancellor's Professorship Program
- COACHE Survey
- Curators' Distinguished Professor Process
- Department of Higher Education (CBHE)
- Determining Qualified Faculty
- Faculty Hiring
- Faculty Information
- Faculty Senate
- General Faculty Meetings
- Low Productivity Degree Program Review
- myVITA Information
- Promotion and Tenure
- Workload Guidelines
- Inappropriate Conduct by Faculty Reporting Form
- Governing Policies
- Office Staff
- Organizational Chart
- UM System
- University Administration
Commencement Student Speaker Contest
Graduating students can earn a chance to speak at commencement.
Congratulations, you’re graduating! Your graduation day is something to be proud of. You’ve worked hard to earn your degree, and your S&T education will be recognized and respected wherever you go.
Sharing your S&T experience as a commencement speaker is not only valuable to the audience, the opportunity will shine on your resume and also provide you public speaking experience.
The Commencement Committee is seeking Student Speakers who are graduating to speak at the upcoming December 2020 commencement ceremonies. Bachelors, Master’s and Ph.D. students from both colleges may apply. The Commencement Committee will pick the two best speeches.
Your speech should focus on how S&T benefited you and your career at S&T in a perky, positive way. It should show emotion and catch the attendee’s attention! It should be no longer than 2 (two) minutes when given.
- How To Enter The Contest
- How The Speakers Are Chosen
How To Enter The Contest
Submit the following documents by filling out the form https://forms.gle/ijYN53xBA2j3A7Sn6 by noon on Sunday, September 27, 2020.
- Your application - Commencement Speaker Application
- Your resume
- Your typed speech in a word document
- Your recorded speech
How The Speakers Are Chosen
HOW WE SELECT THE SPEAKERS
- Written speech and recorded speech will be reviewed by the Commencement Committee selection team
- Two winners will be notified
- The winners will be coached with written and verbal comments (this is nothing personal)
- The winners will be recorded numerous times prior to the ceremony
- Speaker must be a member of the graduating class
- At any time you think there may be an issue with your graduation, please contact email@example.com right away
- Your speech can’t be longer than two minutes when you speak