- Awards & Recognition
- Campus Committees
- Chancellor's Professorship Program
- COACHE Survey
- Curators' Distinguished Professor Process
- Department of Higher Education (CBHE)
- Determining Qualified Faculty
- Faculty Hiring
- Faculty Information
- Faculty Senate
- General Faculty Meetings
- Low Productivity Degree Program Review
- myVITA Information
- Promotion and Tenure
- Workload Guidelines
- Inappropriate Conduct by Faculty Reporting Form
- Governing Policies
- Office Staff
- Organizational Chart
- UM System
- University Administration
Awards Process and Timelines
Faculty Campus Awards
PRELIMINARY NAME NOMINATION
Click the button below to submit a name for the Faculty Campus Excellence Award or Faculty Research Award. Preliminary submission is needed to allow time for the Office of Sponsored Programs to provide a summary of the nominee’s expenditure and award activity to be included in his or her nomination package. PRELIMINARY NOMINATIONS are due August 3, 2020.
FULL DOSSIER NOMINATION
To submit a FULL NOMINATION for the Faculty Campus Achievement, Excellence, Research, Service or Teaching Award due September 18, 2020;
Award Details and Criteria for Nomination and Selection
The Faculty Achievement Award recognizes non-tenure track faculty who have demonstrated sustained excellence in the categories of teaching or research or service. The nomination and selection of individuals for the award shall be based on teaching or research or service to the university and to the individual’s profession.
The Faculty Excellence Award recognizes faculty members who have demonstrated sustained excellence in all three missions of the institution: teaching, research and service.
The Faculty Research Award recognizes faculty members who have demonstrated excellence in research and scholarship. Awards are given based on the significance of the contributions of the individual in the preceding two years, as well as the long term impact of the individual’s research.
The Faculty Service Award recognizes faculty members who display exemplary, sustained service to the university and their profession. The intent of the award is to honor outstanding citizens of the university for their commitment and service. The nomination and selection of individuals for the award is based on any combination of service to the University and the individual’s profession.
The Faculty Teaching Award recognizes faculty members who have demonstrated excellence in teaching-related activities. Nomination packages include student and peer evaluations of teaching effectiveness and other supporting documentation of pedagogical innovation and effectiveness.
The Outstanding Teaching Award Committee recognizes those faculty members who have demonstrated a high level of instructional effectiveness as measured by student evaluations of teaching effectiveness. The Outstanding Teaching Award Committee typically recognizes approximately 30 faculty members per year for their excellence in instruction.
OTAC Awards Criteria A faculty member receiving the OT award must have:
1. A minimum of 10 students enrolled per semester,
2. A minimum of 8 student responses per semester,
3. A minimum of 3 courses per year with at least 2 preparations per year, OR
4 courses per year if the same preparation. 4. Only lecture classes will be considered for purposes of evaluation,
5. To be considered for a teaching award, instructors must have all of their lecture sections for which they have 50% or greater responsibility evaluated.
6. A co-listed course, for which an instructor has 50% or greater responsibility, will be considered as one preparation for purposes of evaluation, and all students in those courses must have the opportunity to evaluate all professors in such courses.
7. Only instructors with primary teaching/faculty appointments are eligible.
8. Curators’ Teaching Professors are not eligible.
9. Non-Academic (e.g., ROTC, orientation, help) courses are not to be considered.
10. The number of awardees selected will be approximately equal to 10% of those evaluated.