- Awards & Recognition
- Campus Committees
- Academic Alert System
- Assessing Learning Outcomes
- Chancellor's Professorship Program
- COACHE Survey
- Department of Higher Education (CBHE)
- Determining Qualified Faculty
- Faculty Hiring
- Faculty Incentive
- Faculty Information
- Faculty Officers
- Faculty Senate
- General Faculty Meetings
- Low Productivity Degree Program Review
- myVITA Information
- Promotion and Tenure
- Workload Guidelines
- Inappropriate Conduct by Faculty Reporting Form
- Governing Policies
- Justification to Fill a Staff Position
- Office Staff and Structure
- Organizational Chart
- UM System
- University Administration
Faculty Recruitment & Retention Council (FRRC)
In 2006, Chancellor John F. Carney III formed the Female and Underrepresented Minority Faculty Recruiting and Retention Task Force (FUMFRR). In light of the successes of the FUMFRR Task Force, Chancellor Cheryl B. Schrader envisioned a new direction for the group to include a new name and a new charge. In August of 2015, FUMFRR became the Faculty Retention and Recruitment Council (FRRC) with the following charge:
"To provide advice and counsel to campus leadership on strategies related to faculty diversity and improvement of campus climate."
Since its inception, FRRC has achieved many of the originally established charges. The major accomplishments include:
- Changes to the FMLA policy that allowed extension of the tenure clock insuring that female faculty would not be penalized or need to make up time taken off for family and medical matters. The University of Missouri System incorporated many of the ideas from the Task Force into their Collected Rules and Regulations.
- Completion of the Women's survey that encompassed all female professors (all ranks), lecturers and instructors. The top four responses continue to guide the Task Force on their mission.
- Two surveys were completed assessing the need for child care, 2007 and 2009.
- Completion of the Faculty Center located in 104 Interdisciplinary Engineering. For more information about the Faculty Center, or to reserve the room, please click here .
Grand Opening of the Faculty Center, February 9, 2011
FRRC has numerous ongoing initiatives that include:
- Continuing the pursuit of a Childcare Center for S&T faculty and staff.
- Submission of an NSF ADVANCE grant that proposes a comprehensive plan to increase the participation and advancement of women faculty in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
- Investigating the possibility of a shuttle service between Rolla and St. Louis through a survey to access the interest and need.
- Hosting New Faculty Welcomes every semester.
- Continuing the pursuit of Recruitment of minority faculty.
- Researching strategies for retention of female faculty.
- Working with Human Resources on salary equity issues for faculty on the S&T campus.
The FRRC Task Force meets during the academic year on the first Tuesday of every month in 216 Parker Hall from 4-5pm. The Task Force consists of the following members:
Robert Marley, Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
Melanie Mormile, Special Assistant to the Provost for Faculty Affairs, email@example.com
Douglas Bristow, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Brow, Curators' Professor, Materials Science & Engineering, email@example.com
Joel Burken, Chair and Curators' Distinguished Professor; Civl, Architectural & Environmental Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlos Castano, Associate Professor of Mining & Nuclear Engineering, email@example.com
Mariesa Crow, Vice Provost for Research and Finley Professor of Electrical Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
Garry Grubbs, Assistant Professor, Chemistry, email@example.com
Irina Ivliyeva, Associate Professor, Arts, Languages & Philosophy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Merilee Krueger, Associate Teaching Professor, Psychological Sciences, email@example.com
Bih-Ru Lea, Associate Professor, Business & Information Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org
Larry Gragg, Curator's Teaching Professor, History, email@example.com
Francisca Oboh-Ikuenobe, Professor, Geological Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sahra Sedigh Sarvestani, Associate Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering, email@example.com
V. A. Samaranayake, Curators' Professor, Mathematics & Statistics, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Harris, Office of the Provost, email@example.com
Rhonda Byers, Director, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org